In July 2010, I listed 25 Places to Find Social Media Jobs. Though much of the list is still relevant it’s badly in need of updating. Today I’d like to share an updated list of places to find social media jobs. Most of these places are aggregators and job search engines, but that doesn’t mean they’re not valuable resources.
25 Places to Find Social Media Jobs
- Social Media Jobs: Posts a variety of gigs each day, mostly from the U.S, but also from around the world.
- Social Job Ops – Combs the web to provide listings of the best social media, community management, digital marketing and even freelance writing and blogging jobs daily.
- Craigslist: Craigslist has a bad reputation becauase it’s a haven for scammers and spammy types. However, if you take the time to dig a little deeper you’ll find there are some gems hidden among the smarmy stuff.
- Indeed.com: A job search engine, yielding results from various job boards.
- Simply Hired: Another job search engine, but I sometimes find different results from the Indeed job search.
- ProBlogger: Features blogging jobs and the occasional social media job.
- Jobs in Social Media: A social media talent marketplace.
- Mashable Job Board: Features jobs in tech and social media.
- Twitter: Follow your favorite businesses to learn when they’re hiring. Also, follow job listing sites and aggregators for updates. Use Twitter search to look for the jobs you’re most interested in.
- Twit Job Search: A search engine for jobs advertised on Twitter.
- Social Media Job Wire: Features listings from around the U.S.
- Web Strategy and Social Media Jobs: Jeremiah Owyang’s job board.
- Social Media Biz: A bidding site, which means many clients are looking to low ball.
- Monster.com – Lists all sorts of jobs, social media included.
- Startuply – Lists startup jobs in tech, social media and marketing, mostly.
- Career Builder – Lists social media jobs, among others.
- The Ladders : Features only jobs paying $100,000 or more, annually. Before you flock over though, keep in mind that this is a paying job board. You can sign up for the free trial, but expect to receive regular spam if you do.
- Dice: Features mostly tech jobs but you’ll find a few social media jobs thrown in there as well.
- FlexJobs: Another pay to play job site, FlexJobs lists a variety of telecommuting opportunities including social media.
- Beyond.com: A search on “social media” yields a variety of opportunities.
- FlipDog: Search locally.
- Kommein.com – We have a job search engine here at Kommein. It’s powered by Indeed.
- Social Media Jobs at Facebook – A community powered jobs group at FAcebook.
- Conferences – Your favorite conferences offer a variety of networking opportunities including the kind of networking that can land you a job
Do you have any favorite job search places to add to this list? Post them in the comments and I’ll add it in.