It seems funny now but…
Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies was quite an adventure. I wrote much of it over last summer after a tree in our backyard was struck by lightning and we lost our WiFi connection, a connection that hasn’t worked the same since. For several months I had to rely on coffee shops and kind neighbors (thanks, Sarah!) in order to stay connected and make sure I had proper research for this book and stayed in good communication with my editors.
If the WiFi issue wasn’t enough, my husband was/is also renovating our kitchen, and my desk is the kitchen table. I can honestly say he renovated our kitchen around me as I was writing Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies , a challenge at times. However, I balanced this out with the times I worked on my back deck during some perfect summer days. Those were the days I like best, and they resulted in my least-edited work. (If that’s a thing).
Oh and here’s something that was both frustrating and amusing for my editor and I. (More frustrating than amusing at the time, I can assure you.) By the time I wrote up the first draft of my chapters and turned them in, there had been changes made to just about every social networking account I wrote about. So during my author review process I had to practically rewrite the first draft so you readers would have the most current versions of Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest. My technical editor had a field day as she fact checked my work against methods that were already outdated only a month or two later!
The good news is two fold -First is that the information available in Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies is absolutely current. It was strictly coincidence but because the writing of my chapters coincided with updates to the aforementioned social networks, information is absolutely current.
The other good news is that the more often these online tools change, the more often we will update the books – Good news for both authors and readers.
But enough about the process. My process doesn’t benefit you. I just wanted to share some behind the scenes with those of you who are kind enough to have read this far.
Why do you need Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies ?
If you’re one of my social media or marketing friends you probably don’t need Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies. It’s a book for beginners or those looking to brush up on the latest social media marketing methods. If you already know how to create a Facebook page, start an Instagram account, use SEO, and analyze trends and traffic, you are not this book’s target demographic. (However, I won’t discourage anyone who wants to buy Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies because, sales & royalties.)
Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies is for you if you want to learn how to:
- Learn the basics of promoting your business through a variety of online tools and techniques.
- Learn how to set up and manage social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Learn how to use the above-mentioned social networks as a tools for promoting your business.
- Learn how to use your online content – including blogs, videos, podcasts and the social networks as a means to turn your business from one that is local to one that is global.
- Learn to create a content marketing strategy that best works for your business.
- Learn about SEO, cyber social tools, and strategies for analyzing and measuring results.
- Learn the basics of online community management and engaging with your online friends, fans, and followers
If any of the above sounds difficult to you, or if it’s something you’d like to learn more about, Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies is a book you can use.
In fact, Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies is a real bargain because you’re really getting 9 books in one:
- The Social Media Mix: Defines and discusses social media and how it can help you to achieve your marketing goals.
- Cybersocial Tools: The best tools for tracking and distributing your online content, an overview of SEO, and using social bookmarks and sharing buttons.
- Content Strategy: Discusses the different platforms for creating content such as blogs, podcasts, images and video, as well as planning and implementing a strategy for creating and sharing said content.
- Twitter: How to set up a Twitter account, use Twitter to market your content and engage with your customers, and do some fun things like set up Twitter lists or host a Twitter party.
- Facebook and Instagram: Covers set up of both Facebook and Instagram accounts, as well using both of these social networks for sharing content. Also dabbles a bit in Facebook advertising.
- LinkedIn: Using LinkedIn for both personal and professional branding.
- Pinterest: Using a more visual strategy to promote your business.
- Other Social Marketing Sites: Explores other social networks you can use to share content and grow your online communities.
- Measuring results: Bringing it all together with metrics and analytics.
Would you like a review copy of Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies?
One thing we cover in Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies is how there’s nothing wrong with getting by with a little help from your friends. Much of social media marketing involves sharing, or creating the types of content people want to share. That’s what we hope we did here with our book – we created something that we want to share with others, and hope they want to share it as well. That beautiful chain of events is what makes social media marketing so effective.
It would be an honor to send a copy of the third edition Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies to any of my content creator friends for review. If you would like to read our book and review it on your blog, podcast, video series, newsletter, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or any other content you share please contact me at deborahng(at)gmail(dot)com and we’ll make it happen. However, I’d like to respectfully request you only request a copy if you truly intend on reading and sharing it.
If you would like to talk about giveaways, book signings, Twitter parties, speaking opportunities, and other fun promotional ideas, also let me know. I’m all about mutually beneficial promotion so lets see how we can work together.
On sale now!
Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies isn’t for everyone, just as Dummies Books aren’t for everyone. However, for those who would like to learn more about social media marketing, be assured Jan and I worked hard to make sure you’re well-informed and armed to take your business to the next level. Click here to order a copy of Social Media Marketing All in One for Dummies today!
Thanks to all who have supported me and bought my books in the past. I’m so fortunate to continue to have wonderful opportunities to write and teach others.